1) by (the time / the end of ) + 表示将来时间的短语和句子；例如：
By this time tomorrow you will have arrived in Shanghai.
2) before (the end of ) + 表示将来时间的词语或句子；例如：
I shall have finished this composition before 9 o’clock.
3) when, after等加上表示将来动作的句子等。例如：例如：
When we get on the railway station, the train will probably have
1. Pick me up at 3 o'clock, I ______ my bath by then.
A) will have had
B) will be having
C) can have had
D) may have
2. By the end of this year, they surely ___________ a satisfactory
solution to the problem.
A) have found
B) will be finding
C) will have found
D) are finding
3. By the end of the month, all but two people _______________.
A) have left
B) will leave
C) will be leaving
D) will have left
4. It's reported that by the end of this month the output of radio
in the factory _____ by about 10%.
A) will have risen
B) has risen
C) will be rising
D) has been rising
5. The conference _____________ a full week by the time it ends.
A) must have lasted
B) will have lasted
C) would last
D) has lasted
6. My train arrives in New York at 3 o'clock. The plane I would
like to take from there _____________ by then.
A) would leave
B) will have left
C) has left
D) had left
7. —May I speak to your manager Tom at 3 o'clock tonight?
—I'm sorry. Tom ____ to a conference long before then.”
A) will have gone
B) had gone
C) would have gone
D) has gone
8. By the time he arrives in Toronto, we ____ here for two days.
A) have been staying
B) have stayed
C) shall stay
D) will have stayed
9. By the time you get to New York, I ______ for Toronto.
A) am leaving
B) shall have left
C) have already left
D) would be leaving
1. A) 2. C) 3. D) 4. A) 5. B) 6. B) 7. A) 8. D) 9. B)